Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rolling Stone: Zooey Deschanel to Play Loretta Lynn in 'Coal Miner's Daughter'



  Loretta Lynn has chosen Zooey Deschanel for the lead role in a Broadway adaptation of Coal Miner's Daughterreports Playbill. Lynn announced Deschanel's casting at a May 10th live show at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, bringing the New Girl star out on stage to perform with her.
"It’s a long way from Butcher Holler to Broadway in New York City. I never imagined I’d see Coal Miner’s Daughter on a movie screen, and now I can’t believe it’s going to be on a stage for people to see," said Lynn. "I’m going to be right there in the front row. And I know Zooey is going to be great – she sings and writes her own songs just like I do, and we even have the same color eyes!"
"Loretta Lynn and her music have been inspirations for me for as long as I can remember," said Deschanel. "She is a true legend, and to be chosen to play such an iconic woman is a dream come true."

No comments:

Post a Comment